February 07, 2009

Saturday Night

I have a lot of great ideas for new posts but this is not one of them. It's Saturday night and here I am writing on my blog. How exciting!! Shouldn't I be out on the town? Naw, that's not me anymore. I didn't want too much time to pass before my next post so I'm "getting this one in". This is why it's not one of my new, great ideas.

Ok, back to what I need to tie into with these posts: training. Borrrrinnggg again. Actually, I did my long run today with the hope of getting outside tomorrow for my long bike. It is supposed to be 50+ F here in North Jersey on Sunday. But I don't want to ride my race bike since the roads are mucky. Don't want to mess it up. The snow will be melting, lots of salt all over the place as well as rocks and sticks. That will wreck havoc on the bike. So, my next great idea was to drag my Cannondale R300 out of the garage. Dust it off. Literally. It has no pedals, no seat and, I found out tonight, that the chain is rusted. I can fix the seat and the pedals but the chain requires dirty work. Only not tonight. This means, unless I get up early to deal with it, I am riding alone on the trainer again. My friends are meeting at 8 AM and I don't know if I can get the bike operational by then. Sleep is important too!

Ok, my head is hurting. That's enough for this lonely Saturday night. Geez, I hope I can get outside tomorrow.

1 comment:

Mel-2nd Chances said...

you're posting on your blog on a saturday night... and i'm reading blogs. LOL I'm looking forward to riding outside again too.