February 02, 2009

Ramblings on a Monday

Last week was the 10th week of my training plan for Lake Placid. It was also the 2nd consecutive week of a hard cycle. Unfortunately, because of work, weather and everything else going on, I missed or shorted a few workouts. I know. Excuses! Just excuses.

I do try to keep to the weekend long stuff but this Winter is really starting to wear me thin. I haven't been able to ride outside since early December when we last had a mild day. Normally, I hate the trainer. Or rather can exist only for a short time on it. But I have taken to watching movies from Netflix (www.netflix.com) on my PC. Saturday, I watched Young Frankenstein and was howling. I finished the ride off with a few episodes from The Office. Great stuff. Keeps the mind from realizing what you are actually doing. (Not to mention the numbness)

Then on Saturday evening, I got hit with a tremendous cold. It hit me like a ton of bricks. But being the warrior I am (or at least am trying to be), I attempted my long run. It was supposed to be for 90 minutes but I could only muster 57 minutes and 5 miles. Alot of walking. I felt like crap. No energy whatsoever. I struggled home as Pearl Jam danced in my head.

Let's hope this is a better week although it is lighter in the schedule so that should help. In fact today, I had the day off.

2 comments:

Sonia said...

Excuses are ok unless they become everyday excuses! Hope the cold is gone now Take care!

Kim said...

I'm sorry to hear about your dad. Keep up the training. Winter always gets long in February, doesn't it?