December 11, 2008

A Nasty Morning

One of my rules during my current IM training is to "do it the morning" or else it hangs over my head all day. With that being said, there are mornings like today.

Rain. Cold. Darkness. And more Rain.

The alarm went off at 5:30. I needed to catch the bus at 7:10. I had a 45 minute run on the schedule. If I jumped out of bed immediately, I would probably have enough time to run, eat something, shower, dress and make the bus by 7:10. That is if I slept in my running clothes.

Well, that didn't happen. Wishful thinking. I did eventually get out of bed at 5:40 and hit the street at 5:50. But I had to shorten my run by 20 minutes.

It was nasty out there. But in the end, the good news was that it wasn't hanging over my head. And tomorrow is another day and another workout.

4 comments:

Leah said...

Impressive! I could hardly muster the motivation to walk two blocks from my office to the gym in the same nasty weather!

Sonia said...

Dark and rainy mornings are the worst to help us get out of bed!!

The important part is that you went anyway, in the end 20 mins less of running won'T make a difference!

Sonia said...

Dark and rainy mornings are the worst to help us get out of bed!!

The important part is that you went anyway, in the end 20 mins less of running won'T make a difference!

Mel-2nd Chances said...

thanks for stopping by my blog! And after reading your comment, i now have a visual of knee-highs with speedos... LOL! i hope to do at least a try-a-tri next year, so i'll be sure to follow your progress and training! :)