March 07, 2010

Sunshine


Nothing is better for the body and soul than sunshine. And a ride outside on the bike to boot! It's been mild these past 2 days here in Northern New Jersey: Sunny and 54 degrees. Yesterday, I ran for 35 minutes OUTSIDE and today I biked for 50 minutes OUTSIDE. It's been a long, hard, cold Winter and I can finally see light at the end of the tunnel. This depressing, long cocoon of inactivity that I've been struggling with is coming to an end. This past week included 4 workouts and I'm declaring that my struggle is near the end. The enemy is withdrawing and life is returning to "normal" again. Praise the God of Ironmen!

1 comment:

Mel-2nd Chances said...

Like the new blog look! :) I rode outside yesterday too, and a half marathon today... so good to have a full weekend with spring-like temps!!! Glad to see you've got your mojo back!