April 26, 2007

My Trip to Hilton Head, Part III

Bikes are popular on Hilton Head but not as popular as golf clubs. Or so I assumed. Don't get me wrong. There are alot of bike shops on the island but it's more the weekly cruiser or recreational mountain bike rental type bike shops. When I came in with my broken down bike and pleaded my case and how I needed it asap, I didn't get back the same urgency. My feelings were not understood. Now, I'm wondering out loud here that if I had come in with a broken 3 Wood or a bent Putter, would I have been given the 5-Star treatment? I mean after all the chief bike mechanic couldn't get to my bike right away because he was out on the course. And his assistant who first waited on me was more concerned about watching the clock and getting down to the beach. Or so it appeared.

In the end, I did get my bike back on Thursday. The shop did a pretty good job and I was able to ride at least 2 days while I was there. However, the rides were a bit unpleasant for a totally unrelated reason. I had forgot my bike shorts so I had to ride without. It was not a comfortable feeling. Man, I can't wait to tee it up.

No comments: