July 08, 2009

I Can See the Light

The Mental Weeks are over!

The rides on the last 5 Saturday's consisted of 100, 103, Half Ironman (56 and a break!), 99 and 90. All included runs of 30 minutes afterwards. I am in Week 33 with 2 1/2 weeks to go to race day and can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. Even though I am in taper there is still a lot of work to be done, don't get me wrong, but the end is near. This Saturday the ride is 60 miles with a 1 hour run to follow and it feels like I'll be on vacation. I might be home before 1 PM!!

It's at this point where you just can't wait for it to be over. Slowly you inch towards race week and the anticipation will start to build.

I also don't want anything stupid to happen. Don't trip and fall over the dog or catch your foot in the car door. No way. Stay safe.

I have a tightness in my left hip/left upper leg area which is of a concern. But at this point, if I had to do the IM today, I could. So, it's all about allowing it to heal and landing in one piece. If I have to skip a workout, I will. if I have to cut it short then I'll do that too.

I haven't felt like writing but will try to get more of the next 2 1/2 weeks written down. This is number 3 for me and I will then be going on IM hiatus. I may have to change the name of this blog!

No comments: