March 08, 2007

The Snooze Button


Everyone knows about this one. The alarm goes off at 5:30 AM and there's not enough time to snooze. Exactly enough time to get up, go to the bathroom, dress, put my contacts in, get my swim gear together (this is never done the night before), eat a banana, put gatorade in my water bottle, coat on, car keys, out the door, drive to the Y, go inside, get in my jammers and get to the Masters class on time. It starts at 6 AM. Exactly enough time that is if I get out of bed exactly when the alarm goes off. But guess what? I snooze it. I snooze thinking I'll just be faster this morning. I peer out of the blanket looking at the clock thinking there has been a mistake. Can't be 5:30, can't be. So, I'm snoozing in defiance. Outside it's about 10 degrees. Think that has anything to do with it? I wake again at 5:39. Now, I'm thinking how I'll never make the class in time so I might as well hit snooze again. In the end, I get out of bed and finally get to masters at 6:30 or 6:40. Sometimes it's not enough time to get the full workout in and I wonder why. I have to be back home by 7:55 latest and there is no flexibility there. I keep telling myself that when it gets warmer, this will all change. But right now it's a battle and I'm losing.

No comments: